Pan-Roasted Halibut Ala FlorenceJuly 14, 2015
Chili Lime Grilled Wahoo
Firm, meaty with a “halibut” like flavor.
- Wahoo steaks
- Fish basket for grilling
- 4 oz butter
- 2 oz olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 chili pepper
- 1/2 tsp cilantro
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- fresh limes for squeezing onto the meat
- Cut the Wahoo meat cross grain into semi-thick steaks.
- Place the steaks into the fish grilling basket.
- Melt the butter and add the olive oil and seasonings and mix together. Baste the fish on both sides with the mixture.
- When finished grilling the fish, there should be beautiful char marks from the basket on the fish, and extra basting for extra flavor is recommended.
- Squeeze the limes over the fish before serving.