Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Bake: 12-15 mins
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil or substitute
• 11/2 cups House Autry Seafood Breading
• 2 cups panko, toasted
• 1 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 3 small eggs plus a splash of milk
• 1 1/2 pounds boneless cod (or halibut fillets) cut into 3/4-inch-thick strips
• ½ fresh lemon squeezed into ¾ stick of unsalted butter
Spread the oil on a baking sheet and position on a rack in the upper third of the oven; preheat to 420 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine the panko, salt and cayenne. In another bowl, beat the eggs with milk.
Coat the fish with the seasoned House Autry then dip into egg wash and finally into panko mix; transfer to a plate.
Arrange the fish on the preheated pan and bake, turning once, until just cooked through, about 10-15 minutes. Midway thru dab on some of the lemon butter (herbs like dill or tarragon compliment this also).