VARIETY is our middle name.
QUALITY is our first name.
Shrimp Connection Triad sells the freshest and tastiest east coast fish you’ll find in the Carolinas. Period. We’re talking 5 star restaurant quality. So good you won’t have a choice but to come back. Wild caught* hand selected and packaged for freshness (we go through almost two thousand pounds of ice every week! Real fun.). Contact The Shrimp Connection Triad today and place an advanced order before we run out!
Other than ordering, newsletter writing and miscellaneous admin stuff our real work week begins at about 3 AM on Thursdays when we make our weekly pilgrimage to the docks at Topsail Island/Surf City NC. It is here that we select and pick up the best of the best. This seafood may come from Pamlico Sound, Cedar Island, Sneads Ferry or other points but it is here that it all comes together. It is also at this crossroads where our Boston Seafood Market (internationally renowned!), Gulf coast and imported products converge. Good stuff!
Our North Carolina offerings may include:
- Shrimp, shrimp and more shrimp (Fresh when available. Occasionally local frozen. Asian shrimp do not meet our quality and taste standards and are not sold here.)
- Flounder (dressed whole/filleted)
- Yellow fin “Ahi” tuna (sushi grade)
- Black sea bass
- Wild Caught Striped Bass (Fresh water)
- Black/Red grouper
- Red Snapper (aka Bee-Liners/Vermillion snapper)
- Trigger Fish
- Speckled Trout
- Monkfish (“Poor Mans Lobster”)
- Black Drum/Red Drum
- Wild caught Cape Fear catfish (Freshwater)
- NC Rainbow Trout (Freshwater) Sparta, NC
- Shucked Oysters (In pints. Va./Chesapeake)
- LIVE NC Oysters Stump Sound/Topsail) From October-March 31
- Little Neck clams
- Soft-shell crabs during the season
- Crabmeats (Cleaned-1 Lb. containers. From Garland Fulcher, Oriental,NC. A legend in the crab business!)
From the Boston market we find:
- NE Cod
- Arctic Char
- Faroe Island Salmon (Imported fresh. Our #1 selling fish!)
- Scallops (big, deep water from Maine to Virginia). Pristine, chemical free…no preservatives ever!
- Red Snapper ( Lanes, Yellowtail, and Silks)
- Yellowfin “Ahi” tuna (Sushi grade)
The menu varies weekly and may include additional items not listed.
We also have the odd and esoteric line of specialty items: Chilean Sea Bass (yum, and this one is imported frozen); New Orleans crawfish (prepared “mudbugs” flown to Raleigh-Durham airport-I typically eat 3 lbs. standing at the kitchen sink!). Then you have Caribbean conch, octopus coils, squid, New Zealand Green Mussels, and so on. Bear in mind that many of these are frozen goodies but goodies nonetheless. Just send an email or call and ask about “Our Specialities“!
Ask and ye shall receive…sometimes. We try to address our fine customer’s needs (as well as the not so fine customers… we’re equal opportunity!) so if you have a specific fish or crustacean you’re looking for just ask and we’ll do our best to find it. We like adventure and the thrill of the hunt as long as we’re not being hunted.
Click here to place an advanced order. It will be waiting for you when you arrive!