Sautéed Salmon FilletsMay 13, 2014
Oyster StewMay 13, 2014
Easy Oyster Fritters
- 1 1/2 cups drained and chopped oysters
- Oil or shortening for deep frying
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour, sifted before measuring
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a deep heavy skillet or deep fryer to 370°F.
- Mix eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir oysters into this batter and drop by tablespoonfuls into the deep hot fat.
- Fry in batches so oil will not become too cool.
- Turn fritters as they cook, so all sides will be golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
The Easy Oyster Fritters recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.